Piano Teaching Paradigm Shift
A Circular Orientation rather than a Linear Sequence
The Four SkillSets
The Guide Note structure of carefully sequenced
SightPlay Reading Exercises
provides music reading experiences
beyond the fixed PentaScale position
to develop fluent decoding skill
and comprehension of the music notation system
Twelve‐Bar Blues improvisation
quickly builds confidence
as well as rhythm and coordination.
- The four SkillSets of Reading, Rhythm, Coordination and Vocabulary are integrated in volumes with 14 Stages
in Orientation A, B and C.
- The series easily coordinates with method books.
- The basic SkillSets of Reading, Rhythm, Coordination and Vocabulary are inherent in all method books.
- In addition, the framework created by PianoFonics® ToolBoxes enables early presentation of unstructured repertoire, such as high‐appeal solo sheet music and beginning literature.
- A circular orientation addresses the primary fact that students learn at different rates and have diverse aptitudes.
- Therefore, an Appendix in each book shows organizational content by each of the four SkillSets. When/if a student can accelerate in coordination, this ready‐reference chart lists those pages that focus on coordination/transposition ‐ minimal reading skills required. On the other hand, maybe a student is more rhythmic and aural, motivated by the sound of the Twelve‐Bar Blues.
- The ToolBox has numbered pages. However, the teacher and student do NOT have to follow a numbered, linear sequence of presentation and learning.